Breaking News - November 8, 2021
Nashville Software School Launches Software Engineering Program With Amazon
For any media inquiries, please contact our founder, John Wark, at email@example.com.
For the latest information on what's going on around the school, you can also follow Nashville Software School on LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Nashville Software School (NSS) is a place where a person with aptitude, motivation, passion, and commitment can learn the craft of software development, UI/UX design, software engineering, data analytics, and data science.
- NSS is a Tennessee non-profit corporation.
- Learn more about NSS.
Stats & Facts
- NSS was started in 2012 by a group of Nashville technologists to address the shortage of skilled developers in the Nashville area.
- There are currently 1651 alumni of NSS and approximately 275 students in session.
- 62 web development cohorts, 4 data science cohorts, and 8 data analytics cohort have graduated; 11 cohorts are currently in session.
- Current programs include Full-Time and Part-time Web Developer Bootcamps, Software Engineering with Java/AWS Specialization, Full-time and Part-time Data Analytics Bootcamp, Data Science Bootcamp, Web Development Jumpstart, Analytics Jumpstart, and Professional Development Series.
*Current as of November 8, 2021.
Awards & Accolades
Nashville Business Journal's
Best In Business - Small Non-profit 2020
Best Way To Ditch Your Crappy Job 2016
NSS in the News
Nashville Software School boosts local tech workforce7 December, 2021 by the Nashville Post
Nashville Software School collaborates with Amazon for software engineering program10 November, 2021 by the Tennessean
Amazon, Nashville Software School join forces9 November, 2021 by Axios Nashville
Amazon launching boot camp with Nashville Software School8 November, 2021 by the Nashville Post
Amazon.com Inc. creates new software engineering program with Nashville Software School8 November, 2021 by the Nashville Business Journal
Nashville's tech industry is growing. These programs want to get more locals plugged in13 May, 2021 by the Tennessean
Nashville tech jobs by the numbers: Here's how much the industry is growing in Middle Tennessee13 May, 2021 by the Tennessean
Tech jobs are pouring into Nashville. How many will go to local workers?9 May, 2021 by the Tennessean
Nashville Software School poised to help fill Oracle jobs6 May, 2021 by the Nashville Post
Why even the Nashville Software School was skeptical about working remote04 June, 2020 by the Nashville Business Journal
Nashville Software School Named Best in Business - Small Non-profit05 March, 2020 by the Nashville Business Journal
Bootcamp Profiles: Nashville Software School12 June, 2019 by the Christensen Institute
Nashville was desperate for tech workers. This man created a new crop of coders21 May, 2019 in the Tennessean
Software School Sets Sail For Bigger Space30 November, 2018 in the Nashville Post
This Program Wants to Build a New Tech Workforce in West Virginia19 October, 2018 in Fast Company
The Best-Kept Secret in Nashville: Its Thriving Tech SceneJune 2018 in Inc.
Coding for a Cause event produces tech solutions for local nonprofits23 October, 2017 in Knox News
Tech Council to launch apprentice program5 October, 2017 in the Nashville Post
Why this group is building a new tech hub off Nolensville Pike29 November, 2016 in the Nashville Business Journal
Best Way To Ditch Your Crappy JobOctober 2016 in Nashville Scene
Nashville Software School Gains GI Bill® Approval25 July, 2016 in The Tennessean
14 Great Coding Bootcamps in the South6 April, 2015 at Course Report
Nashville’s techie shortage calls for proactive approach7 March, 2015 in The Tennessean
Nashville ranked 12th-best city for STEM workers14 Jan, 2015 in The Tennessean
If community college is going to be free, coding boot camps should be free, too13 Jan, 2015 in The Washington Post
Don't quit your day job: Nashville Software School launches evening classes11 Nov, 2014 in the Nashville Business Journal
Nashville Software School hopes to crack the code17 April, 2014 in The Tennessean
An Interview with Eliza Brock from Nashville Software School12 Feb, 2014 at TechTarget
An Interview with John Wark from Nashville Software School5 Feb, 2014 at Course Report
Nashville Software School looks to Germantown to grow program4 Jun, 2013 in the Nashville Business Journal
New program teaches software coding to power city’s tech boom17 Feb, 2013 in the Nashville City Paper