Applications for this bootcamp are closed.
BECOME A UI/UX DESIGNER / FRONT-END DEVELOPER.
Do you have a background or interest in design that you want to apply to a new career in technology? Do you want to learn how to design for the user? What if you had the skills to design an intuitive web application and then build it?
Our Front-End Web Designer/Developer Bootcamp is a specialized version of our Web Developer Bootcamp. This six month full-time bootcamp will train you to work across the entire spectrum of front-end design and development. You will be trained in User Experience (UX) design, User Interface (UI) design and the implementation of those designs into working code in the browser (front-end development).
What does a career in Front-End Web Design & Development look like?
Graduates can secure jobs in User Experience Design, Website Design, User Interface Design, Front-End Development, or in hybrid roles that utilize multiple of these skill sets.
Do you have a design background and want to become a front-end developer, UI/UX designer, or a combination of the two? Hear from the graduates of our first Front-end Web Designer/Developer bootcamp. In their podcasts, they share about the projects they designed and built and what led them to NSS.
- Full-time course load with classes meeting M-F from 9am-4pm
- 6 month commitment
- Homework and individual projects for nights and weekends
- Ideal for people with some training and/or experience in design but that want to extend their skills into the area of digital product design and development.
What You Will Learn
This program will give you an intensive, immersive introduction in the skills required to execute the role of a front-end web developer and build websites, front-end web applications, hybrid mobile applications, etc. It is not only a design program - it is a immersive exploration of what it takes to actually design, build and deliver usable interactive experiences.
UX and UI Design Concepts
Wireframes and Prototyping
HTML & CSS
AJAX, jQuery, JSON & More
Source Code Control
ScheduleMonday thru Friday 9AM - 4PM
LocationThis class is remote.
DatesTo be announced -
See below for detailed information on payment options, including Opportunity Tuition, Payment Plans, and Financing.
Student prerequisite knowledge/experience
At least 18 years of age
American citizen or legally able to work in the U.S.
Preferred background in design or related field, whether through formal training, self-study,and/or work experience.
High school diploma (or equivalent) or a passing score on our ATB test (approved by DPSA).
Personal laptop meeting our hardware requirements. See this blog post for full details of our laptop specs.
Accepted students will be given requirements for software to be downloaded prior to the start of class. It is not expected that any such software will have a cost as the class will focus on teaching data science using open source technologies.
All accepted students will be assigned pre-work that is expected to be completed in the weeks prior to the first class session. We target having classes full approximately six weeks before the first week of class in order to give students time to complete the pre-work on a part-time basis.
There are two tuition plans at NSS: Standard Tuition or Nashville Opportunity Tuition (formerly known as Tech Apprentice Tuition). Out of 25 seats in each cohort at NSS, our goal is to have at least 12 be Opportunity Students and the remainder paying standard tuition. A limited number of grants and scholarships are also available for students from underrepresented groups.
Tuition for this Front-end Web Developer/Designer Bootcamp is $12,500.
We request a $5,000 deposit on acceptance of our offer of admission. The balance is due at enrollment on the first day of class. You may also elect to pay the balance during the six months of the program through an approved payment plan, as discussed below. See below for other financing and payment options.
Nashville Opportunity Tuition
Our Nashville Opportunity Tuition allows you to defer most of the cost of your training until you graduate and go to work as a software developer. You will pay us $1,500 as a tuition deposit on acceptance to the program and then nothing more until after graduation. After graduation, if you accept a position from one of our partner companies, the rest of your tuition will be reimbursed by your employer. If you choose to go to work for someone other than one of our partners, we'll work with you to either negotiate payment from your new employer and/or work out a payment plan by which you can reimburse the school.
- Initial tuition deposit of $1,500, due on acceptance of our offer of admission
- $2,400 scholarship
- $8,000 tuition balance to be repaid on employment as outlined above
The Nashville Opportunity Tuition program is a mutual risk-sharing program between NSS and the Student. NSS invests in the student through a scholarship and through deferring the balance of the student's tuition until the student a) graduates and b) becomes employed as a developer. Until those conditions are met, the student does not owe NSS the tuition balance.
Selection criteria for the Nashville Opportunity Tuition includes:
- Limited to Nashville area residents or individuals who grew up in Nashville/Middle Tennessee and have strong family and personal connections to the area
- Limited to students that are committed to staying in Middle Tennessee post-graduation
- Priority is given to students whose economic circumstances would otherwise prevent them attending Nashville Software School
- Priority is also given to individuals from groups that are under-represented in tech careers (e.g. women, Veterans, Black individuals etc.)
- A limited number of cost-of-living stipends are available on a needs-driven basis to Opportunity Students during the final 3 months of the program.
If you are paying for regular tuition out-of-pocket, there are two payment options:
- Pay the full tuition before the first day of class and receive a $500 discount. (Scholarship and student loan recipients are not eligible for the discount for early payment.)
- Pay the required deposit on offer acceptance and then 50% of the tuition balance on the first day of class. The remaining 50% of tuition will be due halfway through the course (i.e, 3 months after enrollment).
To provide additional financing options and support for our students, we've partnered with Ascent Funding and Climb Credit who both specialize in loans for bootcamp students and only partner with the most reputable code schools in the country. We encourage you to consider both options and choose the one right for you. Both are free to apply!
- Deposit due to NSS: $2,500
- Maximum amount you can borrow: $10,000
We encourage you to consider both options and choose the one right for you. Both are free to apply!
Ascent offers simple, straightforward loans and student-friendly payment options. Ascent offers fixed interest rates on 36-month terms (subject to approval). To learn more and apply, click here.
Climb Credit provides simple, fast, and affordable loans to help you meet your career and financial goals. Climb Credit offers fixed interest rates on 36-month terms (subject to approval). To learn more and apply, click here.