This bootcamp will be live online (i.e. synchronous).
Prepare for a Data Analytics Career
Students will learn how to apply statistical reasoning through hands-on training in the most widely-used tools, including Excel, Python, SQL, Tableau, and Power BI. Using real data from local companies in a variety of problem domains, such as healthcare, financial services, digital marketing, supply chain, and retail, students will gain practical experience in all stages of the analytics workflow. You will also learn to present your findings via presentations and storytelling, building reports, and creating dashboards.
Most of today's analytics positions now require technical skills. We believe that the Nashville area has an untapped supply of latent talent for data analytics jobs. But that talent needs access to accelerated, focused, real-world training. We’ve designed the Data Analytics Bootcamp to help address this need.
- Part-time evening program that will meet two evenings a week and on Saturdays for a total of six months.
- Hands-on training in spreadsheets, Python, and SQL skills required to do data analytics.
- Application of the analytics workflow to real-world problems drawn from a wide range of problem domains, such as: digital marketing, supply chain, healthcare, retail and financial services.
- Hands-on experience communicating your findings via presentations and storytelling, building reports, and creating dashboards.
What You Will Learn
Exploratory Data Analysis
Communication, Dashboards, and Reports
Your capstone project will be an individual effort that demonstrates your ability to take a problem through the entire data analytics workflow. This project will demonstrate to potential employers your ability to apply the skills learned in this class to a real-world problem and present your findings.
Learn To Work On A Remote Team
ScheduleTuesday, Thursday, Saturday T/Th: 6PM - 9:30PM | S: 9AM-2PM
LocationThis class is live online (i.e. synchronous).
DatesSeptember 5, 2023 - March 7, 2024
See below for detailed information on payment options, including Opportunity Tuition, Payment Plans, and Financing.
At least 18 years of age
American citizen or legally able to work in the U.S.
High school diploma (or equivalent) or a passing score on our ATB test (approved by DPSA).
Due to regulatory constraints, we are unable to accept students residing in the state of California at this time.
Personal laptop meeting our hardware & software requirements. See this blog post for full details of our laptop specs.
Thanks to DataCamp for partnering with us through their Education program to support learning in our data analytics bootcamp. DataCamp is an interactive learning platform for data analytics and data science. Their partnership provides our data analytics students access to their content in Python and SQL.
There are two tuition plans: Standard Tuition or Nashville Tech Opportunity Tuition. A limited number of grants and scholarships are also available for students from underrepresented groups.
Standard tuition for the Data Analytics Bootcamp is $7,875.
We request a $3,000 deposit on acceptance of our offer of admission. The balance is due at enrollment on the first day of class. You may also elect to pay the balance during the six months of the program through an approved payment plan, as discussed below. See below for other financing and payment options.
Nashville Tech Opportunity Tuition
The NSS Nashville Tech Opportunity Tuition allows you to defer most of the cost of your training until you graduate and go to work. You will pay us $1,000 as a tuition deposit on acceptance to the program and then nothing more until after graduation.
This program is a mutual risk-sharing program between NSS and the Student. NSS invests in the student through a scholarship and through deferring the balance of the student's tuition until the student a) graduates and b) becomes employed as a developer. Until those conditions are met, the student does not owe NSS the tuition balance.
Once you go to work using the skills you learned at NSS, we'll work out a payment plan for you to reimburse NSS. We also have a limited number of partner companies that are willing to reimburse part or all of your tuition.
- Initial tuition deposit of $1,000, due on acceptance of our offer of admission
- $1,500 scholarship
- $5,375 tuition balance to be repaid on employment as outlined above
The Nashville Tech Opportunity Tuition program is a mutual risk-sharing program between NSS and the Student. NSS invests in the student through a scholarship and through deferring the balance of the student's tuition until the student becomes employed using the skills & knowledge gained through NSS. Until those conditions are met, the student does not owe NSS the tuition balance.
Selection criteria for the Nashville Tech Opportunity Tuition includes:
- Limited to Nashville area residents or individuals who grew up in Nashville/Middle Tennessee and have strong family and personal connections to the area
- Limited to students that are committed to staying in Middle Tennessee post-graduation
- Priority is given to students whose economic circumstances would otherwise prevent them attending Nashville Software School
- Priority is also given to individuals from groups that are underrepresented in tech careers (e.g. women, Veterans, Black individuals, etc.)
We have available a limited number of scholarships between $2,000 and $5,000 for high potential students with economically disadvantaged backgrounds or from groups that are underrepresented in technology careers.
If you are paying for regular tuition out-of-pocket, there are three payment options:
- Pay the full tuition before the first day of class and receive a $500 discount. (Scholarship and student loan recipients are not eligible for the discount for early payment.)
- Pay the required deposit on offer acceptance and then 50% of the unpaid tuition balance on the first day of class. The remaining unpaid tuition will be due halfway through the course.
- Pay the required deposit on offer acceptance. Pay the remainder of the unpaid tuition balance in five equal monthly payments on the first class day of each month for the first five months of the bootcamp.
To provide additional financing options and support for our students, we've teamed up with Climb Credit and Meritize who both specialize in loans for bootcamp students and only partner with the most reputable code schools in the country.
- Deposit due to NSS: $1,500*
- Maximum amount you can borrow for the program: $6,375
*Please note that your deposit cannot be included in your loan (i.e. you cannot borrow the full tuition cost) and funds cannot be borrowed to cover living expenses.
We encourage you to consider both options and choose the one right for you. Both are free to apply!
Climb Credit provides simple, fast, and affordable loans to help you meet your career and financial goals. Climb Credit offers fixed interest rates on 36-month terms (subject to approval). To learn more and apply, click here.
Meritize knows you are more than your credit score, and that is why they look at your past achievements to potentially enhance your loan options to fund your education. Check your loan options in minutes without impacting your credit score at https://apply.meritize.com.