This bootcamp will start online. If NSS returns to in-person learning during your bootcamp, you will have the option to finish online. You can find more information on our plans and learn more about our online learning environment at nashss.com/covid-19. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us here or via email.
What you'll learn
Server-side development with Python and the Django framework
Web application development and design
Application deployment and management
Skills necessary to join a development team as a junior developer
ScheduleMonday thru Friday 9AM - 4PM
LocationThis class will start online.
301 Plus Park Blvd., Suite 300 Nashville, TN 37217
DatesAugust 9, 2021 - February 11, 2022
See below for detailed information on payment options, including Opportunity Tuition, GI Bill®, Payment Plans, and Financing.
Front-End Development Foundations
The first half of this course covers the materials in the Front-End Development Foundations.
Back-end: C# And .NET
The second half of this course covers back-end development with C# And .NET.
Student prerequisite knowledge/experience
At least 18 years of age
American citizen or legally able to work in the U.S.
High school diploma (or equivalent) or a passing score on our ATB test (approved by DPSA).
Personal laptop meeting our hardware requirements. See this blog post for full details of our laptop specs.
Accepted students will be given requirements for software to be downloaded prior to the start of class. It is not expected that any such software will have a cost as the class will focus on teaching web development using open source technologies.
All accepted students will be assigned pre-work that is expected to be completed in the weeks prior to the first class session. We target having classes full approximately six weeks before the first week of class in order to give students time to complete the pre-work on a part-time basis.
Demonstrated Self-Motivated Learning
There are two tuition plans at NSS: Standard Tuition or Nashville Opportunity Tuition. Out of 25 seats in each cohort at NSS, our goal is to have at least 12 be Opportunity Students and the remainder paying standard tuition. A limited number of grants and scholarships are also available for students from underrepresented groups.
Tuition for this full-time Web Developer Bootcamps is $12,500.
We request a $5,000 deposit on acceptance of our offer of admission. The balance is due at enrollment on the first day of class. You may also elect to pay the balance during the six months of the program through an approved payment plan, as discussed below. See below for other financing and payment options.
Nashville Opportunity Tuition
Our Nashville Opportunity Tuition allows you to defer most of the cost of your training until you graduate and go to work as a software developer. You will pay us $1,500 as a tuition deposit on acceptance to the program and then nothing more until after graduation.
This program is a mutual risk-sharing program between NSS and the Student. NSS invests in the student through a scholarship and through deferring the balance of the student's tuition until the student a) graduates and b) becomes employed as a developer. Until those conditions are met, the student does not owe NSS the tuition balance.
Once you go to work using the skills you learned at NSS, we'll work out a payment plan for you to reimburse NSS. We also have a limited number of partner companies that are willing to reimburse part or all of your tuition.
- Initial tuition deposit of $1,500, due on acceptance of our offer of admission
- $2,500 scholarship
- $8,500 tuition balance to be repaid on employment as outlined above
Selection criteria for the Nashville Opportunity Tuition includes:
- Limited to Nashville area residents or individuals who grew up in Nashville/Middle Tennessee and have strong family and personal connections to the area
- Limited to students that are committed to staying in Middle Tennessee post-graduation
- Priority is given to students whose economic circumstances would otherwise prevent them attending Nashville Software School
- Priority is also given to individuals from groups that are under-represented in tech careers (e.g. females, African-Americans, etc.)
- A limited number of cost-of-living stipends are available on a needs-driven basis to Opportunity Students during the final 3 months of the program.
If you are paying for regular tuition out-of-pocket, there are two payment options:
- Pay the full tuition before the first day of class and receive a $500 discount. (Scholarship and student loan recipients are not eligible for the discount for early payment.)
- Pay the required deposit on offer acceptance and then 50% of the tuition balance on the first day of class. The remaining 50% of tuition will be due halfway through the course (i.e, 3 months after enrollment).
IMPORTANT UPDATE AS OF 12/17/20:
NSS may be forced to temporarily suspend GI Bill® admissions due to recent regulatory changes. The earliest date these changes could go into effect is July 1, 2021. Veterans with GI Bill® benefits are still encouraged to apply as we don't yet know if we'll be granted a waiver or how long the suspension will last. Learn how these regulatory changes impact veterans considering NSS.
NSS is proud that we were the first coding bootcamp program in the Southeast U.S., and one of the first five in the entire country, approved to accept the GI Bill®.
With the GI Bill®, qualifying veterans and their dependents are eligible to get up to 100% of their tuition at NSS paid or reimbursed. NSS is able to accept the following:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Ch.33)
- Montgomery GI Bill® (Ch.30)
- Select Reserve GI Bill® (Ch.1606)
- REAP GI Bill® (Ch.1607)
- Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) (Ch.31)
- Dependents Educational Assistance (DEA) (Ch.35)
Returning service members can make excellent programmers. We help former military personnel translate their military and life skills into those needed in the civilian web development/software engineering fields as well as learn new software development skills.
To provide additional financing options and support for our students, we've partnered with Ascent Funding and Climb Credit who both specialize in loans for bootcamp students and only partner with the most reputable code schools in the country.
- Deposit due to NSS: $2,500
- Maximum amount you can borrow: $10,000
We encourage you to consider both options and choose the one right for you. Both are free to apply!
Ascent offers simple, straightforward loans and student-friendly payment options. Ascent offers fixed interest rates on 36-month terms (subject to approval). To learn more and apply, click here.
Climb Credit provides simple, fast, and affordable loans to help you meet your career and financial goals. Climb Credit offers fixed interest rates on 36-month terms (subject to approval). To learn more and apply, click here.