Are you interested in leveling up your SQL skills?
Have you been looking for the right opportunity to dig deeper into SQL? Are you just getting by with basic SQL skills? Mastering SQL for Developers starts with a basic SQL refresher and then launches into more advanced SQL functionality. You will learn the broad range of SQL skills necessary to be an intermediate to senior server-side developer. If you are looking for an instructor-guided, online introduction to SQL and need the flexibility of evening classes this course is designed for you.
Is this course for you?
- Are you seeking to improve your working knowledge of SQL?
- Are you preparing to increase back-end/database responsibilities at work?
- Would you like to be able to use raw SQL without the help of an ORM?
- Are you seeking to better understand, interpret, and analyze database design?
- Are you seeking to analyze and interpret database performance, security, and integrity requirements?
If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, the Mastering SQL for Developers course is designed for you.
Who is this course not designed for?
- If you are not a developer and your only need is to formulate SQL queries to retrieve data (we are planning a separate course targeting retrieval only SQL skills such as reporting, data analysis etc.).
- If you need to administer a specific database management system (e.g. Oracle, SQL/Server, etc.).
What will the course cover?
Database DesignLearn how to design and understand a 3NF normalized database using Entity-Relationship Diagrams (ERD) and planning with performance in mind.
Manipulation of DataLearn how to create, update, delete, and access data stored in a database.
Complex QueriesLearn about accessing data with complex joins, subqueries, and aggregations.
ExtensibilityLearn about stored procedures and triggers to build out robust data management functionality.
TransactionsLearn how to build SQL transactions to ensure data integrity.
Analysis & PerformanceLearn about the queries happening on your database and how to optimize their performance.
How will you learn the material?
ScheduleTuesdays and Thursdays 6PM - 9PM
LocationThis class is online.
DatesMay 18, 2021 - July 1, 2021
NSS bootcamp alumni receive a 10% discount.
What is required?
- Personal Laptop
- Must be 18+ years old
- Must have knowledge of one or more server-side languages (e.g. C#, PHP, Java, Python)
- Strongly prefer some familiarity with basic SQL
Our policy regarding absences is based on making sure you get the most out of your professional development. Attendance is tracked for this course. Excused absences should be arranged with your instructor before they occur. Due to the short duration of this course we recommend that you not miss multiple days of this course. Absence due to emergencies are always excused as long as the instructor is notified as soon as possible.
Standard tuition is $1800.
A $1000 deposit is required to hold your seat. This is due when we send you acceptance to the class and you confirm you will attend. This deposit is refundable prior to the start of the second class session. The remaining $800 balance is due by the 7th class session.
Early Bird Discount
Save 10% with our early bird tuition! Pay in full by the first day of class and receive $180 off your tuition.
"Attend With A Friend" Discount
Attend with a friend or colleague during the same session and you'll BOTH receive a 10% discount. Both you and your friend or colleague must be accepted and attend the same class session. Combine this with the Early Bird Discount and save $500 off your tuition.
Alumni of our bootcamps are eligible for a 10% discount. Combine this with the Early Bird Discount and the Referral Discount and save $540 off your tuition.
Is your employer paying for your education? We can invoice your company. (Eligible for Early Bird, Referral, and Alumni Discounts.)