Prepare for a Data Analytics Career
Students will learn how to apply statistical reasoning through hands-on training in the most widely-used tools, including Excel, Python, SQL, Tableau, and Power BI. Using real data from local companies in a variety of problem domains, such as healthcare, financial services, digital marketing, supply chain, and retail, students will gain practical experience in all stages of the analytics workflow. You will also learn to present your findings via presentations and storytelling, building reports, and creating dashboards.
Most of today's analytics positions now require technical skills. We believe that the Nashville area has an untapped supply of latent talent for data analytics jobs. But that talent needs access to accelerated, focused, real-world training. We’ve designed the Data Analytics Bootcamp to help address this need.
- Part-time evening program that will meet two evenings a week and on Saturdays for a total of six months.
- Hands-on training in spreadsheets, Python, and SQL skills required to do data analytics.
- Application of the analytics workflow to real-world problems drawn from a wide range of problem domains, such as: digital marketing, supply chain, healthcare, retail and financial services.
- Hands-on experience communicating your findings via presentations and storytelling, building reports, and creating dashboards.
What You Will Learn
Exploratory Data Analysis
Communication, Dashboards, and Reports
Your capstone project will be an individual effort that demonstrates your ability to take a problem through the entire data analytics workflow. This project will demonstrate to potential employers your ability to apply the skills learned in this class to a real-world problem and present your findings.
ScheduleTuesday, Thursday, Saturday T/Th: 6PM - 9:30PM | S: 9AM-2PM
Location301 Plus Park Blvd, Suite 300 Nashville, TN 37217
DatesJuly 9, 2019 - January 9th, 2020
At least 18 years of age
American citizen or legally able to work in the U.S.
Personal laptop meeting our hardware requirements. See this blog post for full details of our laptop specs.
Accepted students will be given requirements for software to be downloaded prior to the start of class. It is not expected that any such software will have a cost as the class will focus on teaching data science using open source technologies.
Thanks to DataCamp for partnering with us through their Education program to support learning in our data analytics bootcamp. DataCamp is an interactive learning platform for data analytics and data science. Their partnership provides our data analytics students access to their content in Python and SQL.
There are two tuition plans: Standard Tuition or Nashville Tech Opportunity Tuition. A limited number of grants and scholarships are also available for students from underrepresented groups.
Standard tuition for the Data Analytics Bootcamp is $7,500.
We request a $3,000 deposit on acceptance of our offer of admission. The balance is due at enrollment on the first day of class. You may also elect to pay the balance during the nine months of the program through an approved payment plan, as discussed below. See below for other financing and payment options.
Nashville Tech Opportunity Tuition
The NSS Nashville Tech Opportunity Tuition allows you to defer most of the cost of your training until you graduate and go to work. You will pay us $1,000 as a tuition deposit on acceptance to the program and then nothing more until after graduation. After graduation, if you accept a position from one of our Employer Partner companies, the rest of your tuition will be reimbursed by your employer. If you are hired by an organization that is not an NSS Employer Partner, we'll work with you to either negotiate payment from your new employer and/or work out a payment plan by which you can reimburse the school.
- Initial tuition deposit of $1,000, due on acceptance of our offer of admission
- $1,500 scholarship
- $5,000 tuition balance to be repaid on employment as outlined above
The Nashville Tech Opportunity Tuition program is a mutual risk-sharing program between NSS and the Student. NSS invests in the student through a scholarship and through deferring the balance of the student's tuition until the student becomes employed using the skills & knowledge gained through NSS. Until those conditions are met, the student does not owe NSS the tuition balance.
Selection criteria for the Nashville Tech Opportunity Tuition includes:
- Limited to Nashville area residents or individuals who grew up in Nashville/Middle Tennessee and have strong family and personal connections to the area
- Limited to students that are committed to staying in Middle Tennessee post-graduation
- Priority is given to students whose economic circumstances would otherwise prevent them attending Nashville Software School
- Priority is also given to individuals from groups that are underrepresented in tech careers (e.g. females, African-Americans, etc.)
If you are paying for regular tuition out-of-pocket, there are three payment options:
- Pay the full tuition (deposit and first day of class payment) and receive a $500 discount off of tuition (scholarship and student loan recipients are not eligible for the discount for early payment).
- Pay the required deposit on offer acceptance and then 50% of the unpaid tuition balance on the first day of class. The remaining unpaid tuition will be due halfway through the course.
- Pay the required deposit on offer acceptance. Pay the remainder of the unpaid tuition balance in six equal monthly payments on the first class day of each of the six months of the bootcamp.
To provide additional financing options and support for our students, we've partnered with Skills Fund and Climb Credit who both specialize in loans for bootcamp students and only partner with the most reputable code schools in the country. We encourage you to consider both options and choose the one right for you. Both are free to apply!
Skills Fund offers a simple, transparent financing solution that allows you to focus on what matters: gaining skills and getting hired. Skills Fund provides loans for your full tuition (minus a deposit you pay directly to NSS) and allows you to make low, interest-only payments while enrolled plus two months after (full-time students only), or get ahead of your loan by starting full repayments 30 days in to the program. Skills Fund has one low, upfront interest rate on 36-month terms for all students. To learn more and apply, click here.
Climb Credit directly supports your education and success by providing loans for full tuition (minus a deposit you pay directly to NSS). Climb provides simple, fast, and affordable loans to help you meet your career and financial goals. Climb Credit offers fixed interest rates on 36-month terms (subject to approval). To learn more and apply, click here.