What you'll learn
Web application development and design
Application deployment and management
Skills necessary to join a development team as a junior developer
ScheduleMonday thru Friday 9AM - 4PM
Location500 Interstate Blvd S, Suite 300 Nashville, TN 37210
DatesNovember 13, 2017 - May 18, 2018
Hardware & Software
Personal laptop meeting our hardware requirements. See this blog post for full details of our laptop specs.
Demonstrated Self-Motivated Learning
Front-End Development Foundations
The first half of this course covers the materials in the Front-End Development Foundations.
The second half of this course covers backend development with Node.js.
There are two tuition plans at NSS: Standard Tuition or Nashville Tech Apprentice Tuition. Out of 25 seats in each cohort at NSS, our goal is to have at least 12 be Nashville Tech Apprentices and the remainder paying standard tuition. A limited number of grants and scholarships are also available for students from underrepresented groups.
Full tuition for Web Developer Bootcamps is $11,900.
We request a $5,000 deposit on acceptance of our offer of admission. The balance is due at enrollment on the first day of class. You may also elect to pay the balance during the six months of the program through an approved payment plan, as discussed below. See below for other financing and payment options.
Nashville Tech Apprentice Tuition
Our Nashville Software School Tech Apprenticeship Tuition allows you to defer most of the cost of your training until you graduate and go to work as a software developer. You will pay us $1,500 as a tuition deposit on acceptance to the program and then nothing more until after graduation. After graduation, if you accept a position from one of our partner companies, the rest of your tuition will be reimbursed by your employer. If you choose to go to work for someone other than one of our partners, we'll work with you to either negotiate payment from your new employer and/or work out a payment plan by which you can reimburse the school.
- Initial tuition deposit of $1,500, due on acceptance of our offer of admission
- $2,400 scholarship
- $8,000 tuition balance to be repaid on employment as outlined above
The Nashville Tech Apprentice Tuition program is a mutual risk-sharing program between NSS and the Student. NSS invests in the student through a scholarship and through deferring the balance of the student's tuition until the student a) graduates and b) becomes employed as a developer. Until those conditions are met, the student does not owe NSS the tuition balance.
Selection criteria for the Nashville Tech Apprentice Tuition includes:
- Limited to Nashville area residents or individuals who grew up in Nashville/Middle Tennessee and have strong family and personal connections to the area
- Limited to students that are committed to staying in Middle Tennessee post-graduation
- Priority is given to students whose economic circumstances would otherwise prevent them attending Nashville Software School
- Priority is also given to individuals from groups that are under-represented in tech careers (e.g. females, African-Americans, etc.)
- A limited number of cost-of-living stipends are available on a needs-driven basis to Apprentices during the final 3 months of the program.
If you are paying for regular tuition out-of-pocket, there are two payment options:
- Pay the full tuition (deposit and first day of class payment) and receive a $500 discount off of tuition (scholarship and student loan recipients are not eligible for the discount for early payment).
- Pay the required deposit on offer acceptance and then 50% of the tuition balance on the first day of class. The remaining 50% of tuition will be due halfway through the course (i.e, 3 months after enrollment).
NSS is proud that we were the first coding bootcamp program in the Southeast U.S., and one of the first five in the entire country, approved to accept the GI Bill.
With the GI Bill, qualifying veterans and their dependents are eligible to get up to 100% of their tuition at NSS paid or reimbursed. NSS is able to accept the following:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill (Ch.33)
- Montgomery GI Bill (Ch.30)
- Select Reserve GI Bill (Ch.1606)
- REAP GI Bill (Ch.1607)
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) (Ch.31)
- Dependents Educational Assistance (DEA) (Ch.35)
Returning service members can make excellent programmers. We help former military personnel translate their military and life skills into those needed in the civilian web development/software engineering fields as well as learn new software development skills.
To provide additional financing options and support for our students, we've partnered with Climb Credit.
directly supports your education and success by providing loans for full tuition (minus a deposit you pay directly to NSS). They specialize in providing loans for bootcamp students and only partner with the most reputable code schools across the country. Climb Credit offers fixed interest rates on 36-month terms (subject to approval).
Instructor choice for this course has not yet been announced.